Monday, June 22, 2009

Ms. Jenia Whitney

Jenia Whitney

“Everything is going green and I’m going green, too!”

I saw the flyer for this program at Greyston’s Child Care Center, and Mrs. Brown encouraged me to apply. I have my commercial driver’s license. I can drive all kinds of vehicles: dump trucks, flat beds, forklifts, vac trucks. If I take the education I’ve gotten through the Yonkers Green Connection program and add it to my experience, I’ll be in a great position to market myself in the green construction industry.

I grew up in Yonkers, so I remember Greyston from way back. I knew the mission and always wanted to be a part of it. Now I am. Mr. Line from BOCES was great, excellent. I knew how to do math, but he taught us how to apply it, a very important skill! I’ve learned how to read blueprints, create a business plan, and so much more. Miss Dukes taught us that we are all replaceable. It’s up to you to be hungry and want this, or someone else will have that hunger.

“Green” is the new era of working today and any training that a person can get in this field is an asset to both their personal and professional life.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Best of luck to Jenia and all of her classmates as you pursue your green careers.

    ReplyDelete