Monday, June 8, 2009

Mr. Raymond Cruz

You are what you think.

Yonkers Green Connection is an opportunity to make a difference and change my life around.

I grew up without a dad and that definitely had an impact on my life. I acted like a knucklehead and I did 15 years – why lie? It’s the truth. I don’t want to go back. I can’t go back. I can’t go back to the same people and places. I need to make personal changes and educational changes – I need to be around the right people.

I have already beaten the odds and I will continue on that track. When I was leaving prison, the parole board told me that I’d be one of those guys back in the system. They are wrong. I am still out, being a productive citizen; I work as much as I possibly can, take GED classes, come to YGC every day, and I take care of my responsibilities. I have a dream, a goal. I want to start my own company and with the education I am getting here I know I will make it. All I want is to be financially stable, to take care of myself and my family. It’s hard to get back on my feet but I will.

You are what you think. If you can visualize something, you can make it happen. I visualize my success and I don’t entertain negativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment