Friday, September 4, 2009

Mr. Gregory Hunter


“They saw my true potential and

never stopped believing in me.”

Why did I come to Yonkers Green Connection? Because I didn’t have a job and I didn’t have the skills I needed to get a job. My life is on track now. I just had a new baby, she’s 4 months old. My older kids are doing well, so I have my family but I need a job. I need benefits; I want to pay social security. I have a purpose. If I wasn’t supposed to be here I wouldn’t be here. I was shot in the chest when I was a teenager but even that didn’t convince me to change my ways.

I’m sad it took me this long to figure it out, but I’m not sad that I am here, now. I have been through a lot and I am blessed to be here.

My girlfriend and my mom and my sisters, they have held me down. They saw my true potential and never stopped believing in me. They waited for me to get it and now I got it. I’m hungry, I’m famished, and as long as you’re hungry you’re not going to stop. I cannot be complacent.

I know it may take some time to get a job, but I have a plan. After I graduate Yonkers Green Connection I am going get my Commercial Drivers License (CDL) to make myself more marketable and to continue a regular schedule of daily productivity. It feels so good to be productive. How can I be a real man if I don’t achieve every day, if I don’t take care of my family?

1 comment: